From Standard Bank Namibia and the Namibia Economist to you:
Online Business Talks Series: #GrowYourBuisness….IT CAN BE
This series addresses how the pandemic has changed the ways people connect, consume, work, get educated and socialise, and in what way these patterns affect the re-set world that emerges.
Join us for the second session of the Standard Bank #GrowYourBusiness….IT CAN BE! online Business Talks Series on Tuesday, 24 November at 14:30. Our host, Desèré Lundon-Muller, and three acclaimed panellists will share their expertise and show you how to get finance to start or grow your business.
The topic for this session is: “Show me the money”
– Practical guide to managing your finances.
– Your Business Finance Advice and Guidelines.
This session will teach you how to apply for financing and how to manage your finances once your business is operational.
Questions that will be answered in this talk:
- Where do I start looking for financing?
- How do I determine how much money I need?
- How to align my business plan with my financing requirement?.
- What is a good business plan and why is it essential?
- What skills do I need to manage my finances?
- What are the pitfalls that I need to be aware of?
- How to monitor progress and report to my financier
On the panel are David Namalenga, Managing Director of Dinapama; Vladimir Quido Winkler, CEO & Founder of Mowira Media & Managing Member of Waka Educational Group, Umbuso Corporate Convenience, Street Cuisine, and Boxxed Foods; and Felicia Jooste, Standard Bank Manager of Enterprise Direct.
In the first Talk, broadcast on Wednesday, 14 October, our host, Desere Lundon-Muller, and the panelists shared their expertise and walked us through the lens of their own professional journeys.On the panel were Kauna Ndilula, Managing Director of Business Financial Solutions (BFS); Toivo Nuugulu, Architect and owner of Toivo Nuugulu Architects; Felicia Jooste, Standard Bank Manager of Enterprise Direct.
Watch on demand at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eziUMldqfw&feature=youtu.be.
One prize is given after every talk with a grand prize up for grabs at the end of the series of talks.
What is the way out?
Never before have we seen a disruption like the current. It is unprecedented in our history and detrimental to the economy. The fallout from the lockdown is affecting each and every Namibian including you. There is not a single individual or company that has managed to escape its impact.
Ensure that you make the best decisions throughout this crisis for which no playbook exists.
As a service to business and professional people who find themselves in a crunch, Standard Bank Namibia, in collaboration with the Namibia Economist, has designed a series of online business talks to address relevant current issues for small and medium enterprises. This series brings experts and analysts together to help SME owners find solutions for the myriad of problems facing us, and to map a strategic road to participate in and gain the most from the post-pandemic economy.
Attend the digital Standard Bank #GrowYourBusiness….IT CAN BE! online Business Talks Series from October 2020 to September 2021 and it will teach you how to step up your game to address the immediate crisis and to guide your business to the next normal.
We will offer you the tools to start your business, to find the right financing in the right place, to define your market and your customers and to use internet tools for your business and accounting systems to keep your business in good standing with authorities.
You will also learn about the unique elements of HR management, or where to locate your business for optimal performance and market access. Finally, you will be guided to align your insurance with your business needs, anticipate legal challenges and formulate your strategies for long-term investment.
Look at the programme:
- “It is Possible”: It is possible by Kauna Ndilula & Toivo Nuugulu. From idea to action: A practical guide to starting up.
- “Show me the money”: Some think they need money to start-up while they don’t, while others need more than they think.
- “Sell me this pen”: Your product is no good if no one knows about it
- “Don’t get up”: E-commerce
- “Give to Ceasar”: Accounting, taxes, audits and compliance
- “Hire, fire and inspire”: You wont grow if you can’t let go, but for many entrepreneurs this is tough.
- “Location, location, location”: Can you work from the kitchen table or do you need to be in the mall
- “Speak to my Lawyer”: Legal; When do you need a lawyer (and how can you avoid one)
- “Better safe…”: Insurance; What insurance do you need at what point in your business life cycle
- “Reap what you sow”: Retirement; What is the end game? Sell the business or hand over.
We’re creating a library of content to help you navigate each monthly topic. This offers SMEs the flexibility to attend the conference and then watch it again later as and when convenient. All the conference presentations will be hosted at https://economist.today/ and will be accessible to all delegates who registered.
We are excited to share this information with you! Space is limited for this session and we are expecting a tremendous turnout, so sign up today to guarantee your seat. A link to register will be sent to you following your reservation.
To reserve your space for this special virtual event, go to: https://economist.today/show-me-the-money/
For more detail, contact Desèré at email@example.com
Stay safe, stay healthy