From Standard Bank Namibia and the Namibia Economist to you, the entrepreneur!
Join us for the Seventh session of the Standard Bank #GrowYourBusiness….IT CAN BE! online Business Talks Series on Thursday, 22 July at 14:30. The presenters in this session will share their expertise to ensure that your business is on par with the basic Human Resources requirements. The session is hosted by Desèré Lundon-Muller of the Economist.
The topic for this session is: “Hire, Fire & Inspire. HR for SMEs”
It covers the importance of Human Resources for any business regardless of size or age, and a special session will be dedicated to mental wellness.
Practical guidelines to highlight the importance on operating within the law when it comes to Human Resources
How to prepare yourself and your staff for the tremendous impact of Covid-19.
On the panel are:
Sam Januarie, experienced HR practitioner, now working as Manager Support Service for Trigon Metals.
Felicia Jooste, Manager Enterprise Direct at Standard Bank.
Gisela Kalipi, Clinical Psychologist at Bel Esprit Hospital for mental health in Olympia, Windhoek.
For a summary of the first six webconferences in the series, see below.
Watch the video of It is Possible on demand at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eziUMldqfw&feature=youtu.be.
Watch the full-length video of “Show me the Money” on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/ue1J2pmov8Q
Watch the video of “Prepare for Opportunities” at https://youtu.be/wm7EpmqDAI8
Watch the video of “Sell me this Pen – Marketing and Sales” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opmaBFHIKCE&ab_channel=EconomistTodaySME
Watch the full-length video of the “eCommerce” conference at https://youtu.be/-AivNvnEv9Q
Watch the full-length video of the audit and taxes conference at https://youtu.be/fJB0d7U0V9Y
Make sure to participate in the competition that is run with every talk to stand a chance to win a grand prize, sponsored by Standard Bank, at the end of the series.
Look at the series programme: Completed sessions are highlighted in blue.
- “It is Possible”: It is possible by Kauna Ndilula & Toivo Nuugulu. From idea to action: A practical guide to starting up.
- “Show me the money80″ : Some think they need money to start-up while they don’t, while others need more than they think.
- “Prepare for Opportunities” : Even in the face of adversity there are many opportunities for new business or for consolidation, or even growing out of it.
- “Sell me this pen” : Your product is no good if no one knows about it.
- “Don’t get up”: eCommerce and its many benefits for your business.
- “Give to Ceasar”: Accounting, taxes, audits and compliance.
- “Hire, fire and inspire”: HR for SMEs and the impact of Covid-19 and the growing mental health crisis.
- “Location, location, location”: Can you work from the kitchen table or do you need to be in the mall.
- “Speak to my Lawyer”: Legal; When do you need a lawyer (and how can you avoid one).
- “Reap what you sow”: Insurance, Savings and Retirement; What is the end game? Sell the business or hand over.
We’re creating a library of content to help you navigate each monthly topic. This offers SMEs the flexibility to attend the conference and then watch it again later as and when convenient. All the conference presentations will be hosted at https://economist.today/ and will be accessible to all delegates who registered.
We are excited to share this information with you! Since it is digital, space is unlimited. Invite as many of your friends and colleagues as you wish. A link to register will be sent by email.
To reserve your space for this special virtual event, go to https://economist.today/register-here-for-the-human-resources-webinar/
For more detail, contact Desèré at email@example.com
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay strong!